|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Spec Appeals||Accounting/Finance/Billing||Miramar, Florida 33025||Full-Time||09-10-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for assisting Revenue Cycle management with the processing of Managed Care appeals. Supports the planning, implementing, reporting and reviewing of all activities required for an efficient and effective receivable management system
- Work with Managed Care Collectors to review accounts for underpayments and incorrect denials.
- Prepare appeals and claims resubmissions according to health plan requirements.
- Maintain records of all appeals and documentation.
- Follow up with health plans on appeals, research appeal time limits and requirements of health plans.
- Recommend which accounts seem to be uncollectible.
- Prepare adjustments for submission to Billing and Cash Application.
- Review and submit all necessary corrections and adjustments to billing including changing financial classes when appropriate.
- Review reports on a regular basis to monitor collection progress and locate any possible problem areas.
- Assist Department Management as needed.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Two to five years prior office experience
- Advanced in Outlook, MS Word, and Excel
- Good math and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- High School diploma or GED required