Accounts Receivable Medical Collections
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Accounts Receivable Medical Collections||Accounting/Finance/Billing||Miramar, Florida 33025||Full-Time||07-23-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for the validation of services rendered to Vitas patients via billed data submitted on claims and invoices. Applies contracted negotiated financial arrangements for each service billed for contracted providers and vendors and apply general claims/invoice processing procedures and guidelines for each service billed. Validates patient benefits, limitations and exclusions in relation to the hospice plan of care and services billed.
- Analyze Aged Trial Balance Report (ATB) for account follow up which includes researching denials and providing additional information/documentation needed for payment resolution and identify and escalate any payer related issues.
- Prepare appeals and claims resubmissions according to health plan requirements.
- Follow up with health plans on appeals.
- Subject matter expert on appeal time limits and requirements for all payers.
- Review and make all necessary corrections and adjustments to billing including posting applied income amounts and changing financial class when appropriate.
- Respond to Commercial/Managed Medicaid Payer correspondence.
- Communicate with appropriate state agency, as needed.
- Review and submit necessary corrections and adjustments to the Cash Application department
- Assist department management as needed.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of two years experience as a claim processor in the health insurance environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, claims processing procedures, and accounts payable process.
- Two year college degree preferred.