Quality Assurance Tester
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Quality Assurance Tester||Professional Non-Clinical||Miami, Florida 33131||Full-Time||12-04-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for planning, creating, coordinating, and executing manual and automated performance testing to verify that programs function according to specifications and standards by performing the following duties:
- Defines functional and performance test strategies in the QA test environments to meet quality standards defined by internal quality standards.
- Develops and maintains performance baselines for internal and customer-facing application performance.
- Ensures all performance test and environment strategies are implemented and executed for each required build/release/project to ensure complete performance testing coverage and to meet defined quality standards.
- Reviews all functional regression and performance test results from a business and technical perspective to ensure integrity and traceability back to requirements.
- Tests software programs to compare to specifications and documentation.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content.
- Creates test plans, test cases and test data.
- Creates and executes automated test scripts using testing software programs.
- Installs, maintains, and uses testing software programs.
- Responds to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs.
- Contributes to establishment of standards and procedures for program design and testing.
- Recommends program improvements or revisions to programmers and system analysts.
- Reviews computer logs and reports to identify program processing errors and possible improvements.
- Coordinates testing by users and third parties.
- Identifies program variances from standards and suggests modifications to conform.
- Assists users to isolate possible problems in software after implementation.
- Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, multiple operating systems, and network environments.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent recurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Documents, tracks, and communicates test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems.
- Develops computer programs to test, track, and verify defects in software programs.
- Reviews and contributes to software program documentation.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum 5 years conducting manual functional and regression testing
- Minimum 5 years conducting formal performance testing responsibilities (preferred)
- Experience with HP (Mercury) testing tools, including LoadRunner/Performance Center and HP Quality Center and KeyNote (iOS automated testing tool) (preferred)
- Experience creating scripts against web services
- Experience with security using windows authentication
- Experience with planning and managing testing for performance diagnostic, capacity planning, performance architecture design, performance tuning and performance monitoring
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases preferred
- Strong data analysis skills and hands on MS SQL Server queries
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Working knowledge of “C” programming language
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
Certification & Licensure:
- Certified Software Quality Engineer a plus