|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Product Owner||Professional Non-Clinical||Miami, Florida 33131||Full-Time||11-08-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The IT Product Owner is a senior IT position and functions as the strategic interface with assigned areas of the business for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, business process analysis, solution discovery, and relationship management. Serves as the relationship linkage between the business and IT. This individual provides highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout key IT initiatives. The product manager/product owner oversees the internal interfacing and communication of business units. He/she also provides valuable information across business units to efficiently use resources and execute company standards. They are accountable for setting realistic expectations and communication with their assigned business stakeholders for all IT work affecting that area (portfolio, non-portfolio and support projects and tasks).
This position proactively serves as an account representative, trusted advisor, customer service lead and is the primary point of contact for IT business stakeholders. He/she represents IT to the business by promoting IT's vision, value, services, and capabilities. In addition, this position acts as an advocate on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs. The focus of the role is one of continuous improvement using foundational lean principles to maximize efficiency and optimization of VITAS business and technology functions.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring the success of the VITAS IT Matrix approach, ensuring demonstrable progress across their assigned Product Workstream.
- Works within the VITAS IT Matrix Organization to facilitate the assignment of project resources, prioritization of tasks, balancing resource demands and delivering projects and support tickets on time and on budget.
- Monitors all staff commitments and delivery capability, immediately escalating delays to the appropriate IT leadership, stakeholders and project managers.
- Serves as business liaison to facilitate and build relationships with and among internal IT teams and with business units.
- Identifies opportunities and may assess and provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing, technology, implementation, and deployment.
- Works in conjunction with key stakeholder, business subject matter experts and others as necessary to determine the future state of a specific business deliverable.
- Works with business unit and technical resources to cultivate appropriate solution required to meet business goals.
- Develops business requirements necessary for project execution.
- Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with business partners to improve business processes.
- Ensures that business processes and supporting systems continue to meet business project stakeholder needs.
- Collaborates with IT peers in enterprise architecture, quality assurance, development, project management, governance, and other disciplines regarding the common theme of business performance improvement.
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business decisions.
- Communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information regarding service requests, projects and initiatives.
- Manages stakeholders' perceptions with IT services.
- Ensures stakeholder's expectations are met and identifies and resolves disconnects.
- Supports the IT Communications Strategy and delivers key messages to business areas.
- Manages vendor relationships ensuring contractual responsibilities are met and vendors are providing value-added services to the user community.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in process management or related activities
- Strong Proficiency in data analytics and metrics analysis
- Strong Proficiency in Lean, Six Sigma, and/or Agile Product Development practices
- Strong proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookup formulas, etc) and PowerPoint
- Strong technology expertise preferred
- Requires strong written/oral communication skills
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions, with IT organizational and cross-functional awareness
- Ability to lead, influence and gain the confidence and respect of senior executives, functional leadership, BRMs, business sponsors, and team members.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.