Manager Sales and Operations Planning
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Manager Sales and Operations Planning||Professional Non-Clinical||Miami, Florida 33131||Full-Time||01-28-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for coordinating the monthly and quarterly sales & operations planning cycle, facilitate weekly, monthly, and quarterly planning activities, and ensuring consistency, standardization, collaboration, and organizational alignment towards the company’s enterprise strategy.
Focused on overseeing, hiring, training and developing the sales and operational planning team as well as focusing on evaluating, revising and implementing new forecasting methodologies and analytics around key operational KPIs and labor demand. Accountable for monitoring the performance, workflow and individual progress of each team member in a driven, strategic, data focused leadership position.
- Establish the process for Sales and Operations Planning analysts to facilitate the development of operational and sales forecasts through collaboration between sales and operational management
- Develop and facilitate the Sales & Operations Planning meetings in order to gain alignment to the consensus forecast, documenting and publishing forecast rationale, identification of risks and opportunities, and coordinate action items and improvement efforts
- Lead Sales & Operational Planning Analysts to create and publish metrics to evaluate overall plan/process effectiveness; Accurately produce regular metrics reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis that drive positive results.
- Design, implement, and coordinate forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the organization
- Work with operational leadership to ensure an effective and disciplined planning of labor availability to consistently meet target service levels.
- Foster collaboration and an environment of intellectual curiosity that promotes continual refinement and improvement of forecasting methodologies, metrics, and reports. Support research and analysis of current and future demand planning and Sales & Operations Planning best practices from available internal and external benchmarks
- Continually look to gather and analyze data from new sources to uncover actionable insights to improve forecast accuracy.
- Performs ad-hoc analyses that support strategic initiatives
- Develops and maintains strong working knowledge of Vitas systems and application
- Plan, organize, and administer the activities related to the assigned function
- Organize, manage, and direct the work of the employees in the assigned function
- Oversee the assignment of duties and responsibilities to employees
- Observe and evaluate employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met
- Mentor, develop and provide on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement
- Recommend personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Provide approval for overtime needs
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- 5 plus years of relevant experience delivering complex analysis in professional environment
- 3- 5 years supervisory experience
- Displays advanced analysis, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate a level of communication and interpersonal skills that enables effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of discipline, results-oriented leadership and a strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Power Query, Power BI
- Advanced knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods. (T-SQL, OLAP, Business Objects)
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects and teams
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to manage staff in an engaging environment maintaining workforce production and development
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.