Regional Medical Director
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Regional Medical Director||Physicians/Medical Directors||Miami, Florida 33131||Full-Time||06-04-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Regional Medical Director is responsible for participation in leadership to and oversight of physician practices in the interdisciplinary delivery of hospice care, consistent with applicable standards of hospice medical care and the organization’s commitment of quality end of life care. Advises in the recruitment and selection of program medical directors and participates in the training of program medical directors, utilizing VITAS training materials as they are developed. Assists and guides program medical directors in recruitment, selection and training of team physicians. Assists in assuring that all team physicians have appropriate competencies as defined by VITAS. Provides updates and reports to the National Medical Director and Associate National Medical Director on trends and issues unique to the region served and on strategic challenges and opportunities.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must have five to ten years as a practicing physician and demonstrated administrative/managerial responsibilities in a health-care setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and well-developed skills in:
- General medicine and pharmacology
- Palliative medicine, pain and non-pain symptom control
- Psychosocial and spiritual care for the dying
- Medical management
- Health-care law
- Medicare and Medicaid/MediCal regulations as they relate to hospice and palliative medicine
- Conditions of Participation in the Medicare Hospice Benefit
- Stark regulations
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree
Licensure and Certification:
Unencumbered licensed to practice medicine in primary state of Residence