Senior Counsel, Corporate Healthcare- In-house Attorney
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Senior Counsel, Corporate Healthcare- In-house Attorney||Legal/Compliance||Miami, Florida 33131||Full-Time||08-02-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel in support of company operations.
- Provides confidential legal advice and support to company hospice and related operations, may be specific to a particular legal specialty such as: litigation, tax or securities.
- Supports the General Counsel as chief legal officer of the company on complex legal issues, including matters relating to:
- Regulatory compliance, certification, accreditation, survey, and licensure
- State and federal fraud and abuse and other laws and regulations specific to the health care industry
- Contractual relationships of all types and complexities, including those with managed care organizations, physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, durable medical equipment companies, and non-health care providers
- Advocacy and litigation management, including labor and employment disputes, medical negligence, workers compensation and general commercial litigation, including the management of outside counsel
- Government and private reimbursement
- Attendance and preparation of minutes of governing body and/or other corporate committee meetings. Supervises the maintenance of organizational records.
- The company’s voluntary compliance program, including legal advice on compliance program development, implementation and training
- Legal issues arising out of the day to day delivery of hospice care, including patient care matters, advance directives, and informed consent and bioethical considerations.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum five to seven years practicing law principally in a health care, corporate or other acceptable specialty
- Major law firm or in-house experience preferred
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalency from an accredited college or university.
- Active Bar membership in good standing required.