Curriculum Development Trainer 1
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Curriculum Development Trainer 1||Human Resources/Payroll/Training||Miami, Florida 33131||Full-Time||07-18-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for curriculum development and training in collaboration with Workforce Development and Training department team members as well as subject matter experts in conjunction with other VITAS® departments to create a unified orientation and ongoing education model. Leverages adult learning principles in all phases of learning design and facilitation to build capabilities in foundational, professional and management skills for employees across the VITAS organization.
- Supports the creation, design and development of engaging training materials for a variety of delivery methods, such as instructor-led, computer based, web-based, and mobile training.
- Develops and maintains curriculum guidelines and educational opportunities for VITAS®
- Create and maintain instructional materials such as facilitator guides, program documents, workbooks, job aids, job prep manuals and other learning resources.
- Assist with management and tracking of program data, documentation, including maintenance in HRMS.
- Develop evaluation tools for the assessment of training needs and products
- Develop best practices or policies and procedures for training
- Conducts Needs Assessments to identify skills gaps and training needs
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (internal or external) in delivering appropriate, timely and quality educational opportunities related to orientation and ongoing education
- Develops and monitors training metrics and assesses the effectiveness of training resources
- Travel as needed
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum three years of experience, with a strong focus on training delivery and development
- Strong writing skills required.
- Experience in creating engaging and innovative eLearning content across a range of topics
- Experience in needs assessment, visual design, storyboarding and script design
- Expertise in curriculum design and development
- Experience developing content with authoring tools such as Captivate, Adobe X Pro, Survey Monkey, Windows Media Player, and HTML principles preferred.
- Learning Management System experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design principles
- Ability to design, develop, facilitate and evaluate diverse learning programs
- Strong presentation skills and comfort in delivering training to diverse audiences through a variety of methodologies
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientation
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO required
- Bachelor’s degree in organization development, training, human resources, business or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.