Facilities Specialist- Property Management
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Facilities Specialist- Property Management||Facilities||Miami, Florida 33131||Full-Time||08-28-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for assisting with all property maintenance issues as well as small construction/leasehold improvement projects.
- Receive, assess and take action to coordinate staff or vendor activities to resolve property management issues and Program and IPU maintenance requirements for corporate and program offices.
- Manage small scale projects (less than 5K); plan, budget, and schedule facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction
- Complete special projects as assigned by management
- Assist PM’s in scheduling and coordinating vendors and contractors as required by projects after appropriate authorization of expenditure is approved.
- Review and validate vendor invoices prior to presentation for approval as they pertain to any maintenance related items.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Three to five years prior related experience
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Ability to tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to analyze problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computer office applications, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, MS Project, Excel and Word.
- Commitment to internal and external customer service
- Ability to travel as required for project relocations
- Availability for on-call, weekend and off-hours issue resolution, office relocations or reconfigurations
- High School diploma or GED required