|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Housekeeper Coordinator||Administrative/Clerical||Maitland, Florida 32751||Full-Time||10-29-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Housekeeper Coordinator is responsible for coordinating work activities of cleaning personnel.
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Cleans and maintains hospice locations including hospice house, patient rooms, bathrooms, offices, living and dining areas.
- Duties include sweeping, mopping floors, picking up and removing trash, washing walls and baseboards, dusting, wiping tables, sanitizing sinks and toilets, vacuuming, etc. Reports maintenance issues to environmental services.
- Maintains cleaning equipment in good working order
- Reports mechanical problems to environmental services.
- Maintains an inventory of all supplies and equipment pertaining to housekeeping duties and notifies environmental services of needed supplies.
- Follows safety procedures in accordance with health regulations ensuring that all liquids, wastes and supplies are collected, stored and disposed of in a manner that avoids nuisance and hazards and protects the health and safety of patients; maintains compliance with Right-to-know Law as it pertains to housekeeping activities.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- 2 years of experience in housekeeping, preferably in health care.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.