Volunteer Home Care Coordinator
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Volunteer Home Care Coordinator||Administrative/Clerical||Maitland, Florida 32751||Full-Time||08-15-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Volunteer Services Coordinator is a member of the interdisciplinary team who is responsible for representing the volunteers and advocating for volunteer services, identifying needs for volunteers, matching volunteers with patients and families, and assigning volunteers.
- Maintains list of volunteers assigned to the team with information needed to adequately match patients and volunteers.
- Maintains frequent communication with the team’s volunteers
- Matches and assigns volunteers with patients and families
- Encourages and collects volunteer notes; tracks and reports hours to Volunteer Services manager
- Represents the volunteer program in team meeting while encouraging use of volunteers
- Serves as a liaison to facilitate communication between volunteers and staff
- Provides individual volunteer support as needed
- Informs patients and families of volunteer availability and assess pt/family needs for volunteer services
- Supervises volunteers when designated supervisor is unavailable
- Assists with determining recruitment needs
- Supports the volunteer program through participation in volunteer trainings and functions
- Undertakes any other special projects at the direction of the supervisor
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Ability to develop telephone rapport with volunteers, patients, and families
- Understanding of volunteering motivations
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to travel per job requirements
- High school education
- Previous experience as a volunteer
- Some healthcare or volunteer administration experience preferred.
- Bilingual skills may be appropriate in certain geographic areas.