Volunteer Bereavement Manager
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Volunteer Bereavement Manager||Allied Health/Social Services||Lakeland, Florida 33815||Full-Time||11-21-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Volunteer and Bereavement Services Manager is responsible for organizing and carrying out volunteer and bereavement activities assigned at the program level. Implements the VITAS recruitment strategy for volunteers and keeps records of recruitment efforts, volunteer activities, and hours. Performs or supervises initial screening of potential volunteers and oversees the volunteer application and team assignment process. Directs orientation and outgoing training of volunteers to meet VITAS, federal, and applicable state policies governing volunteer training. Implements the VITAS formal recognition and support system for volunteer. Maintains records of team support and recognition of volunteers. Implements VITAS communication strategy with volunteers to keep volunteers informed about internal VITAS activities. Tracks volunteer program statistics and monitors achievement of volunteer program goals. Oversees the supervision of administrative volunteers. Responsible for monitoring Bereavement activities including bereavement correspondence with survivors on the plan of care. Schedules and facilitates meeting with psychosocial staff to coordinate the provision of bereavement services. Participates in the program performance improvement plan by identifying and addressing bereavement needs.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate skills in public speaking and or training. Some Healthcare or Volunteer Administration, Human Resources, Volunteer Recruitment, Marketing, or Sales experience preferred.
- Proven organizational skills; successful in managing a number of tasks and projects simultaneously.
- If providing bereavement counseling or supervising bereavement counseling, meets State and Federal qualifications for providing bereavement counseling including
- Master’s degree in social work, ministry, pastoral care, or counseling related field.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred.