|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Medical Director||Physicians/Medical Directors||High Springs, Florida 32643||Full-Time||05-09-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Medical Director has the overall responsibility for medical direction of the care and treatment of the patients and their families rendered by the hospice care team. Consults with and cooperates with patient's attending physician. The Medical Director educates practicing physicians and others engaged in health care services regarding the hospice program and its potential benefits to patients.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must have knowledge of the principles and practice of primary medical care, with at least a working knowledge of oncology.
- Knowledge of palliative care with particular emphasis on control of symptoms associated with terminal illness.
- Ability to work collaboratively with patients' attending physicians to implement the hospice program and effect optimum medical care.
- Ability to work collaboratively with hospice employees and volunteers as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Membership in good standing on the medical staff of an accredited hospital in the state in which the hospice is located.
- Medical malpractice and liability insurance in amounts and with carriers satisfactory to VITAS.
- License to practice medicine in the state in which the program is operating.
- Board certification in a medical specialty which deals with care of the terminally ill, such as Internal Medicine, Oncology or Family Practice, with at least a working knowledge of medical oncology and demonstrated expertise in the principles of palliative medicine and symptom management.