Human Resources Supervisor - Field
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Human Resources Supervisor - Field||Human Resources/Payroll/Training||High Springs, Florida 32643||Full-Time||06-19-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of Human Resources for the program. Develops work schedules, and hires and trains new employees. Performs routine and required employee performance reviews. Monitors incoming workload and assigns to staff as needed.
- Lead the daily functions of Human Resources department including payroll, new hire orientation, recruitment/onboarding.
- Supervise the department staff for the program, ensuring staffing needs.
- Support FMLA/leave programs and worker’s compensation. Ensure all staff is placed on correct leave status and proper HR documentation is completed, collected, and updated as required by policy.
- Process RPAs (Request for Personnel Action).
- Assist with employee issues and recommend action or disciplinary measures to management working in conjunction with corporate employee relations department maintaining confidentiality.
- Post new, replacement positions through iCIMS onboarding.
- Prepare reports for senior management regarding open positions, worker’s comp, FMLA, and performance improvement.
- Assist in recruitment efforts, and ensure staff is informed of program events, policy updates, role expectations, and HR requirements.
- Assist employees with coordination of benefits.
- Act as a liaison between Corporate and program with regards to HR related issues (recruitment, workers compensation, benefits, payroll, and employee relations)
- Conduct new hire orientation and assist with training of new HR/Payroll staff.
- Perform monthly audits for compliance of HR Personnel records.
- Support payroll preparation and late adjustments for program. Validate payroll reports as needed.
- Supervises a staff of two or more.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Issues written and oral instructions
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service is met
- Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum three years prior relevant experience in Human Resources.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively apply the policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to supervise a staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.