Palliative Care Regional Director Operations & Business Development
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Palliative Care Regional Director Operations & Business Development||Management/Leadership||Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309||Full-Time||07-02-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Directly supervise and mentor Palliative Care Managers in assigned markets.
- Provide operational leadership to assigned palliative care programs.
- Participate in strategic planning to provide input and guidance for business growth and development. Ensure program plans are implemented and updated regularly.
- Responsible for assigned palliative care program financials, quality and productivity.
- Attend and/or facilitate presentations to key customers.
- Direct involvement in the recruitment and hiring of Palliative Care Regional Directors and other palliative care team members, as needed.
- Oversee compliance with national, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to in assigned markets.
- Partner with Regional Medical Directors to ensure clinical direction is provided to staff and assist in monitoring compliance.
- Identify opportunities to improve the patient and family care experience.
- Oversee the design and development of marketing collateral and strategies.
- Facilitate regional meetings as needed.
- Oversee the design and development of educational strategies for internal and external customers.
- Attend meetings with insurance companies to promote palliative care with the goal of securing partnerships through contracts.
- Participate in meetings with PMA leadership to provide feedback from the field and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- Provide guidance to local programs on managing after-hours on-call schedules to meet customer needs.
- Utilize a customer service approach in all interactions with PMA customers.
- Participate in director on-call schedule as needed.
- Perform palliative care consultations as needed, and if applicable.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum 5 years management and leadership experience.
- Organizational design and/or project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master level degree or higher preferred.