Palliative Care Administrative Liaison
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Palliative Care Administrative Liaison||Administrative/Clerical||Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309||Full-Time||07-08-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for the administration, organization and reconciliation of necessary items such as documentation, patient demographics, insurance verifications, pre-authorizations, etc. to ensure all required details are obtained for successful patient visits and appropriate billing. Liaison to the field, practice operations, and revenue cycle management vendor while maintaining a high level of customer service with all communications
- Warehouse itineraries, notes and face sheets into internal patient digital records ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Administer multiple workflows using a virtual desktop system to reconcile team member daily itineraries by compiling the required documentation
- Prepare and transmit complete files to revenue cycle management vendor to ensure proper and appropriate billing
- Transfer incomplete files to pending workflow and follow up with providers on missing documentation using appropriate problem solving methods
- Manage communication from patients, referral sources, programs, practice employees, and provide requested information to maintain efficient workflows.
- Manage provider daily reporting and provide follow-up activities as needed.
- Administer and review productivity reports and contact providers if data is missing.
- Maintain and document accurate registration, benefits information and other records in patient care system.
- Compile various ad hoc reports using Excel and complete projects as requested by management
- Verify patient insurance coverage and eligibility using the face sheet, and obtain pre-authorizations as necessary.
- Schedule/confirm outpatient visits using Allscripts, retrieve notes from edocs, and prepare patient charts for outpatient visits to maintain organization.
- Update program hot sheets, workflows and others on the divisional project website.
- Evaluate information from after-hours callbacks and follow up with the patient, or provider as necessary.
- Retrieve notes from hospital medical records by entering into individual hospital portal after the itinerary and face sheet have been received.
- Review all electronic faxes and scans for completeness and determine next steps in the process.
- Recommend quality improvements efforts to maintain efficient processes.
- Perform related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced office setting; healthcare setting preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology desired
- Familiarity with billing and health insurance practices
- Experience using Altruis, Laserfiche, Allscripts and eDocs preferred
- Proficient in Excel reporting
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to use proper channels of communication
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem solving, and research skills
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required. Associates degree in Health Care or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.