Executive Director - Hospice Operations (AGM)
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Executive Director - Hospice Operations (AGM)||Management/Leadership||Deerfield Beach, Florida 33064||Full-Time||08-28-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
This position exists to (1) oversee the local functioning of corporate operational systems; (2) develop and expand the revenue performance and business potential of the hospice; (3) responsible for the patient and family services program at the hospice; and (4) to represent the company in the community.
Overseeing the Local Functioning of Corporate Operational Systems
- By implementing the company’s systems, policies, and standards, the general manager assures that the hospice meets and exceeds all applicable regulatory requirements of agencies and assumes responsibility for the readiness of the hospice to meet all inspections, surveys, and review — including state licensure, federal certifications, and accreditations.
- The general manager assures policies in the following manner:
- Supervising the compliance of all administrative functions and policies with applicable regulatory agencies — i.e., keeping personnel records up-to-date for Medicare surveys.
- Maintaining updated copies of all applicable regulations, statutes and VITAS policies and procedures.
- Coordinating with the appropriate corporate staff, medical director, Team Manager and admissions director all activity necessary to assure readiness in the hospice for an on-site survey by applicable regulatory agencies.
Developing and Expanding Revenue Performance
- Based on the corporate business plan and revenue budgets, the general manager develops and maintains key relationships with hospitals, nursing homes, physicians and other healthcare organizations.
- The general manager manages the implementation phase of contracts to assure that discharge planning and case review functions are understood and agreed to by contracting institutions and implemented with positive results to the hospice, according to applicable state and federal law.
- The general manager establishes collegial, on-going relationships with the CEO and other key officials of contracting entities — including those who have line authority over discharge planning personnel — to promote the smooth and efficient functioning of such contracts.
- The general manager has specific responsibility for hospice financial functions including accounts receivables, collections and local accounts payable processes
- Based on a plan developed with the director of admissions, the general manager develops and maintains relationships with physicians.
- The general manager initiates new relationships by educating physicians about the potential hospice need in their practices.
- The general manager improves the value of existing relationships by ongoing contact with selected physicians and their office staff — including the resolution of complaints, the providing of educational services and seeking to improve and refine patient care services.
- The general manager supervises the admissions function through the director of admissions.
- Responsible for supervision of day-to-day operation of program including, but not limited to, the following:
- Financial Management
- Medical Staff
- Employment Process
- Systems Operations
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Business Plan Development
- Human Resource Policy
- Staff Development
Responsible for the Patient and Family Services Program at the Hospice
- The general manager has overall responsibility for the clinical services function at the hospice including the home, hospital settings, nursing homes and other locations.
- The general manager is responsible for the overall management of the Volunteer Program including supervising the volunteer service manager.
- Assures the performance of the volunteer and bereavement programs in compliance with the local work plan developed with corporate staff.
Representing the Company in the Community
The general manager is the official spokesperson of the company in the community; manages public relations, generates and responds to all opportunities for media requests in coordination with the corporate communication department, and assures the handling and resolution of any complaints from patients, families and the public.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Five (5) years previous managerial experience
- Previous healthcare sales management
- Working knowledge of budget development, financial profit/loss process and human resources.
- Ability to relate to superiors, peers, and subordinates
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate level work preferred.