Caseworker - Home Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Caseworker - Home Care||Allied Health/Social Services||Boynton Beach, Florida 33426||Full-Time||05-28-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Caseworker is that member of patient care operations whose primary function is to assist in providing direct casework services to the patient and family within the hospice program of care.
- Provides assistance to the Corporate Patient Accounting Department in collection of claims with regards to their particular programs.
- Evaluates all patients considered for admission as Medicaid pending through completing a financial assessment.
- Takes a proactive role in the application process which includes submitting application, providing periodic updates with agency workers, gathering information and following up with the patient/family regarding their responsibilities and participation throughout this process.
- Actively works with the Admissions Department during the intake process to aid in establishing the correct payor source.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of two (2) years experience in a health-care environment in which the primary job function was community resources utilization which included patient contact.
- Reliable transportation with adequate insurance coverage for driver and passenger or requires ability to cope with the stress of experiencing repeated loss.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources within the specific community in which the hospice is located.
- Knowledge of local, county, applicable state and federal assistance programs.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to become proficient in company software programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related Social Science field from an accredited school.