|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Warehouse Technician||Warehouse Techs/Delivery Drivers||Orlando, FL 32837||Full-Time||09-22-2021|
The Warehouse Technician is an entry level position whose primary responsibilities include: cleaning/disinfecting, maintenance, testing service of medical equipment and record keeping of such, inventory of supplies, and shipping for VITAS Healthcare. Work in a fast-paced team environment, excellent customer service and communication skills, and a valid driver’s license. Paid on-call work hours when required. This position requires the ability to work independently. Must adhere to Company, Federal, State and local regulations and compliance.
- Clean/disinfect, test, and repair medical equipment and maintain accurate records and documentation in accordance with VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Receive, identify and label medical equipment.
- Maintain proper storage of equipment.
- Maintain equipment and supply inventory.
- Coordinate equipment and supply inventory levels and communicate with Home Medical Equipment (HME) staff.
- Maintain oxygen refill files.
- Perform warehouse cleaning and overall maintenance.
- Ability to use a small handle held scanner
- Computer literate for accurate maintenance entries
- The Warehouse Technician shall be available to perform the Medical Service Technician (Driver) position when necessary.
- Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures.
- Wear Safety-toed shoes as supplied by VITAS Healthcare.
- Report equipment issues to the immediate Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in related Company meetings and/or committees.
- Work in a team environment.
- Completion of all required training during first year of employment as outlined in Career Pathway.
- Perform on-call work when required.
- Maintain positive work relations with staff members.
- Perform other job duties as requested.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Adhere to all VITAS Healthcare policy and procedures.
- Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds when required.
- Highly organized
- Strong Administrative Skills
- PC Competent
- Current applicable driver’s license in applicable state.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.