Social Worker Home Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Social Worker Home Care||Allied Health/Social Services||Mount Dora, FL 32757||Full-Time||11-15-2021|
The social worker is that member of the core interdisciplinary group whose primary function is to perform an assessment of psychosocial symptoms of the patient and family, develop psychosocial outcomes for alleviating identified symptoms and help provide the psychoeducation, supportive counseling and casework interventions needed to meet these outcomes. The social worker also provides psychosocial education and consultation to the IDG.
- Participates in the preparation, evaluation and execution of the interdisciplinary plan of care to assure that the highest quality psychosocial care is provided to patients/families and that continuity and comprehensiveness of care are
- Performs bio-psycho-social-spiritual assessments of patient/families, rather than diagnostic
- Provides individual and family supportive counseling, rather than
- Refers patient and family to appropriate community resources as
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation in the patient medical
- Attends weekly team meeting tor plan of care
- Participates in patient case
- Provides psychosocial education and consultation to the core
- Participates in psychosocial supervision meetings and other trainings. May provide supervision to other psychosocial team members, including social work interns at the direction of the team manager.
- May act as the coordinator and communicator of volunteer interventions on the plan of care.
- Provides bereavement care, including bereavement group activities.
- Participates in psychosocial spiritual on-call rotation/schedule as assigned.
- Ability to travel per job requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of community resources or the desire/ability to obtain this knowledge.
- Knowledge of key psychosocial issues prevalent with terminally ill patients and their family/caregivers, including the knowledge of effective psychosocial inter mentions to address those issues.
- Capacity to relate and work well with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective patient and family advocate- both within the patient/family unit, within the core IDG, and within community agencies and the like.
- At least one year social work experience in a health care setting.
- Experience as a social worker with the terminally ill and their families, preferred
- Masters of Social Work required from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, unless grandfathered in per the 2008 Medicare Hospice Condition of Participation
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.