Financial Clearance Supervisor
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Financial Clearance Supervisor||Other||Miramar, FL 33025||Full-Time||11-19-2020|
This position is responsible for oversighting the financial assistance and charity care workflows performed enterprise wide. Performs daily oversight to ensure adherence to the VITAS Charity Care and Financial Assistance policy. Will work with operations Case Workers, revenue cycle and care connection centers in following a standardized workflow to identify and financially clear all un/underinsured patients at time of admission. Supervises and audits the end to end coverage assistance VX workflow and provides feedback to business owners and leadership of usage and outcomes. Implements and serve as subject matter expert companywide on financial screening standards and steps. Provides insight on charity care admissions to ensure accuracy of financial assessments and assist in identifying programs that could provide coverage. In addition, provides RCM Leadership team with on demand reporting of revenue associated with coverage assistance workflows and identifies targeted risk areas in need of improvement or training. This individual should have knowledge of financial clearance, multi-state Medicaid eligibility requirements, revenue cycle experience and strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of the patient insurance information in Vitas electronic chart
- Assist Financial Clearance, Operations and Care Center teams in the efficient collection of client and payor information to ensure accuracy
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing internal coverage assistance policies and procedures to maximize outcomes
- Provide education to operations, patients and families regarding Vitas Financial Assistance Policy requirements including completing financial assessments, discussing Medicaid eligibility and setting up private pay packages
- Maintain required reporting assignments and develop on demand reports to provide Revenue Cycle and Operations leadership in-depth insights into coverage assistance and charity care usage
- Respond to calls, emails and other inquiries regarding coverage assistance and state Medicaid verification requests
- Review and provide feedback on financial assessments and financial assistance requests to internal Case Workers and Care Teams
- Implement and maintain an auditing and oversight process of the Vitas Coverage Assistance and Charity Care work flows
- Provides other administrative support to the department as needed.
- This position exercises a degree of independent judgment, decision making and comprehensive analysis related to financial assistance workflows. This position reports to the Director of Financial Clearance.
- At least two years of related healthcare Revenue Cycle experience, preferably within front end registration and financial clearance.
- Understanding of medical terminology and clinical documentation.
- Clear understanding of various state’s Medicaid programs including knowledge of eligibility, billing, claims and patient application processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial insurance carriers' guidelines and criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills when responding to questions and other inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to effectively anticipate and respond to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment
- A demonstrated ability to use PC based office productivity tools with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V