Microsoft DevOps Engineer
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Microsoft DevOps Engineer||Information Technology||Miramar, FL 33025||Full-Time||07-06-2020|
The Software and Automation Engineer role is to define and lead the implementation of enterprise-wide, software based automation solutions for enterprise business; integration, operation, and maintenance of the company’s in-house developed software applications and software interface integration. The Software and Automation Engineer participates in design and development to enable continuing innovation within the IT organization, ensuring technical solutions are sustainable and efficiently deployed. Competent to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software deployment and automation. Provides recommendations regarding new technologies and impact to budgeting. Assists other engineers and administrators to effectively implement, utilize and support the new and existing processes and software. Participates in the on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Advanced experience on PowerShell scripting (based on .Net framework).
- Advanced practical knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Advanced experience with containers, automation, orchestration and scripting concepts.
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory.
- In depth knowledge and basic experience with VMWare and other virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft IIS, Nginx, Apache.
- Ability to develop, configure and monitor highly available software solutions.
- 10+ years related work experience in areas of development and/or software deployment.
- 5-10 years’ experience preferred in the following areas:
- Windows PowerShell scripting (based on .Net framework)
- Managing Automation Tools
- API programming
- Deployment automation
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, API management) to provide end-to-end automation
- Clear, effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Must have a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work in a service-oriented environment with focus on process, and speed of delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts quickly, both technical and business related, and utilize as needed.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Must have the ability to interface and influence at a professional level with other members of the organization.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.
- Current ITIL v3 Foundations Certification – Preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V