Director Revenue Cycle Management
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Director Revenue Cycle Management||Management/Leadership||Miramar, FL 33025||Full-Time||02-06-2020|
- Provide leadership and direction to maximize revenue and ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for all revenue cycle processes with focus on improving receivables and reducing bad debt expense. This includes developing, revising and enforcing policies, goals and best practices to effectively manage the company receivables.
- Trend and analyze key revenue cycle metrics to effectively monitor and improve revenue cycle performance and company receivables.
- Meet established revenue cycle performance measures (KPI’s) and cash collection targets including, but not limited to: DSO days AR, % of AR < 90 days, cost to collect, cash collection to goal, denials, etc.
- Implement and oversee new and existing regulatory requirements to reduce billing errors and maximize reimbursement.
- Develop process improvement in revenue cycle, including, but not limited to electronic billing maximization, electronic cash applications maximization, and collection activities.
- Oversee for the patient collection process including account balance accuracy, timely billing, and follow-up.
- Responsible for ensuring the credit balance resolution process is compliant and timely for both payor and patient balances.
- Actively coach, counsel, and develop others to achieve operational objectives including teaching the fundamentals of revenue cycle operations and objectives.
- Key participant or lead in cross-functional and interdepartmental teams involving process improvement initiatives and projects for the organization.
- Work cooperatively with other service line leaders and their staff to provide seamless processes involving billing and collections for each service line.
- Respond effectively to management’s request for specific and/or special revenue cycle projects.
- Ensure that departments, functions and teams are operating in compliance with state and federal guidelines, third-party payer requirements, and Medicare’s Conditions of Participation related to billing and Medicare’s conditions of payment, as well as the company’s policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership in the development of objectives, policies and procedures affecting billing, collections and cash posting.
- Interview, hire, develop, mentor, evaluate, and manage performance of direct reports ensuring those leaders are also effectively managing their direct reports.
- Set the overall revenue cycle goals for the organization, setting process and outcome metric goals and monitoring progress toward achieving them.
- Contribute to the completion of financial forecasts and month-end financial reporting which may include monthly “Dashboard” reports detailing key performance indicator metrics for the revenue cycle
- Work collaboratively with information technology team to resolve any system challenges or issues impacting revenue cycle functions/implementation of IT initiatives
- Responsible for vendor relationship management and oversight of third parties performing revenue cycle functions on behalf of VITAS Healthcare
- Coordinate timely month end close process and financial reporting related to revenue cycle process and information technology
- Manage activities that lead to measurable and sustainable improvements in the following areas:
- Bad Debt Reduction, Business Office Billing and Collections Operations, Charge Description Master, Revenue Revenue Capture
- Denials Management, Clinical Documentation and/or Patient Admitting/Registration
- Perform related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- At least ten years’ experience in health care revenue cycle with five years of leadership experience
- National/regional management experience in a large, fast-paced, results driven, multi-state organization.
- A successful track record in process improvement, improved performance and meeting goals and benchmarks
- Experience with governmental and insurance payers
- Demonstrated experience with developing and leading teams to drive results
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, health administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent; or equivalent work experience required.
- MBA preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.