|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Dispatcher||Warehouse Techs/Delivery Drivers||Miramar, FL 33025||Full-Time||02-22-2021|
The Home Medical Equipment Dispatcher is responsible for the appropriate scheduling and distribution of HME products and services. Coordinates the scheduling of routes and dispatches Medical Service Technicians on a daily and on-call basis. Interacts with program team members and patients on a regular basis. The dispatcher plans each MST’s route daily utilizing the route management system. Performs Medical Service Technician responsibilities when required.
- Schedules and organizes daily deliveries, pick-ups and equipment service needs for MST’s according to geographic area and availability of employees. Assists HME/Operations Manager in resolving issues regarding staff shortages, routes, loading of equipment and delivery.
- Schedules additional deliveries as patient and referral requests are received
- Responsible for ongoing communication with MST’s during their workday regarding address changes, time windows, and any other work order issues that affect the routing of MST scheduled stops.
- Checks and organizes route sheets, manifests, and DVIR’s.
- Monitors MST productivity throughout the day, and communicates performance issues to HME/Operations Manager.
- Identifies and schedules any new oxygen patients requiring a recurring delivery cycle.
- Assists customer service in troubleshooting Home Medical Equipment issue for patients and families.
- Assists in minimizing overtime through utilization of effective and efficient MST routing and scheduling.
- Participates in training as required for position.
- Collaborates with managers to minimize lost equipment.
- Assists in ensuring staff compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements including providing documents for hazardous materials (oxygen manifest).
- Compiles data on delivery productivity, start-end times, lunch breaks taken, number of stops made, number of miles driven and total hours worked.
- Performs on-call MST stops as required.
- Perform other job duties as requested by HME/Operations Manager (QCU, MST, CSR and Warehouse duties)
- Attend and participate in related Company meetings and/or committees.
- Attend and successfully complete oxygen concentrator operation/service programs.
- Maintain positive work relations with staff members and customers.
- Demonstrate courteous behavior and be responsive to patients/families and other members of Vitas’ public.
- Eighteen years or older.
- Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical equipment preferred.
- Prefer two to five years of related experience.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work a small hand-held scanner.
- Able to communicate in the English language. (Bilingual preferred)
- Current automobile insurance and current applicable commercial drivers’ license in applicable state with a clean record, no points or accidents.
- Familiarity with and ability to navigate throughout Vitas HME service areas.
- Ability to read a map and follow navigational directions.
- Ability to work unsupervised exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to physically access any home, nursing home, ALF, and hospital.
- Capable of lifting 100 pounds.
- Satisfactorily complete the requirements of this position and the HME Medical Service Technician competency.
- A high school diploma is required. High school level reading and math skills.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.