Cash Applications Revenue Cycle Manager
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Cash Applications Revenue Cycle Manager||Administrative/Clerical||Miramar, FL 33025||Full-Time||03-04-2021|
- Directly responsible for supervising the daily cash application activities for a designated team of 10+ employees.
- Develop and implement strategies that will work to maximize cash flows, improve processes and implement “best practices” as related to cash application and receivables management.
- Recommends and develops new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of posting payments, denials and processing of refunds as needed.
- Performs quality control by reviewing individual patient accounts and daily balancing tasks for account integrity and to ensure that staff is complying with departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and coordinates training for staff on posting / refund processing requirements.
- Coordinates the completion of the Medicare and Medicaid quarterly credit balance reports. Approves refunds and monitors credit balance accounts for timely resolution.
- Reviews third party payer bulletins and contracts. Evaluates and communicates the ramifications of posting / adjustments and contractual allowance requirements and coordinates the implementation of any changes.
- Responsible for coordinating with clearinghouse and commercial and governmental payers to develop and direct the electronic exchange of funds and automated posting of healthcare remittance advices for all VITAS programs.
- Supervise escheatment of unapplied cash, customer overpayments, on account credits and unused refunds to ensure in compliance with government regulations.
- Point of contact for any internal/ external financial audits for Cash Application.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and implement cash application and financial reporting metrics scorecard.
- Re-evaluate system functionality, processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies through better processes and automation
- Work closely with technology team in resolving any system related issues and developing business requirements needed to enhance functionality
- Investigate and resolve unapplied payments or misapplication of cash and ensure unapplied cash is kept to a minimum.
- Confirm patient and insurance refunds are processed according to regulatory requirements, contractual obligations, and per VITAS policy and procedure.
- Develop, implement and review staff productivity standards to achieve or exceed performance expectations and staffing ratios. Generate reports to measure/ manage staff and department performance.
- Participate on the denial management team to analyze denial reports and utilize findings to modify revenue cycle policy, procedures and processes.
- Document and execute detailed cash application work instructions, policies and standard operations procedures for all accountability areas.
- Remain current with trends, regulatory requirements and business strategies related to the revenue cycle.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the activities related to the assigned function
- Organizes, manages, and directs the work of the employees in the assigned function
- Oversees the assignment of duties, and responsibilities to employees
- Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and prepare them for future advancement
- Approves personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Provides approval for overtime needs
- At least 5 years of cash application experience in healthcare revenue cycle management
- Expertise implementing cash reconciliation processes utilizing varying payor responses
- Knowledge of cash posting, banking lock box, electronic remittance advice, and electronic funds transfer processes
- Understanding appropriate use of CPT and HCPCS codes and interpretation of explanation of benefits
- Understanding of payer reason and remark codes utilized for reporting and denial management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to manage a staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, health administration, accounting and/or HIS, required.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.