Senior Director Revenue Cycle Management
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Senior Director Revenue Cycle Management||Accounting/Finance/Billing||Miramar, FL 33025||Full-Time||12-26-2019|
- Organizes and directs all activities to ensure control and management of patient accounts receivable, which includes charge capture, claims production, claims scrubbing, billing, collections, customer service, denial management , cash posting, and follow-up on collection services
- Implements and manages efficient and effective operational policies, processes, and best practices within the functions of the revenue cycle.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of revenue cycle and regulatory requirements associated with governmental, managed care and commercial payers.
- Serves as the subject-matter expert on regulatory, compliance, and legal requirements associated with medical billing and CMS. Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies and third-party payers.
- Leads the development and implementation of revenue strategizes to maximize profitability
- Develops and maintains internal controls to target revenue recovery throughout the organization by identifying charge capture, coding, and reimbursement problems then recommending / implementing solutions.
- Assists in identification of new technologies that will improve departmental operations. Identify and communicate overall strategy for improvements to the revenue management cycle.
- Ensure all critical business needs and requirements are identified and met with automated/manual processes.
- Ensures the integration and alignment of revenue cycle management operational activities to drive standardization, and to streamline and increase operational efficiency.
- Acts as liaison with internal and external business partners and departments.
- Manage payer data to determine denial and underpayment trends to accomplish business objectives.
- Oversee resubmission of denials and ensures that department is maximizing reimbursement to efficiently lower A/R and speed up revenue cycle
- Administer "data mining" and in-depth accounts receivable analysis
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Revenue Cycle to support department initiatives.
- At least 5 years professional experience in healthcare revenue cycle management with at least 3-5 years in a senior management role managing a staff of professionals in the revenue cycle environment.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to manage a staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong leadership and management skills in a healthcare setting
- Extensive understanding of all revenue cycle functions and dependencies.
- Advanced understanding of Compliance Guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare reimbursement methodologies
- Proven capabilities in building an organization and directing teams. Ability to work with others in a cooperative, collaborative manner.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to effectively anticipate and respond to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to train, mentor and coach staff
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work with various stakeholders and teams
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions as well as the ability to collaborate effectively to make decisions with other leaders
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines and multiple interruptions
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, health administration, accounting and/or HIS, required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.