Senior Analyst Unified Communication
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Senior Analyst Unified Communication||Information Technology||Miramar, FL 33025||Full-Time||06-07-2021|
Responsible for managing, architecting, building and coordinating voice, video and data system solutions and designing a robust unified communications infrastructure by performing the following duties within the Unified Communications team.
- Administer the company’s O365 Microsoft Teams portal and be seen as the Microsoft Teams SME across the organization.
- Design, recommend and implement Microsoft Teams room video conferencing systems and related products/services that meet business needs.
- Lead or assist in Microsoft Teams integration efforts across the organization (video conferencing, 3rd party applications, APIs and MS Flow).
- Architect and administer the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) and UCCE infrastructure that support the company’s nationwide voice network and call centers.
- Integrates core technologies including but not limited to VoIP, video conferencing, mobility, virtualization, fiber technologies, routers, switches, voice gateways, network hardware and software as they relate to unified communications.
- Certifies and implements unified communications solutions for various client application integrations including e-mail, instant messaging, SMS texting, Microsoft Teams, Skype 4 Business and Cisco Unified Communications.
- Creates and certifies flexible unified communications solutions for disaster preparedness and business continuity.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of current and emerging voice, video and network systems technologies, architectures, and products to develop system solutions consistent with the business objectives.
- Evaluates and certifies available vendor offerings to establish optimum voice and network architecture solutions, plans future enhancements and directions for the company-wide unified communications network.
- Assists with technical project management of staff during the implementation, installation, configuration, and technical support of Unified Communications projects; coordinates projects with other departments and external organizations and agencies.
- Analyzes, manages and determines budget requirements to efficiently support and grow the company’s multi-million dollar communications infrastructure.
- Remain highly informed on industry best practices applicable to the responsibilities of this position, through professional publications, outside contacts, and ongoing professional development.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures based on industry best practices.
- Negotiates exact technical requirements with vendors; establishes contracts, and writes technical contract specifications and proposals.
- Provides on-call level 4 support for unified communications infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers, and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met.
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction.
- Perform related duties as required. This position description neither states nor implies that the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position are those duties listed. Employee is required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by a supervisor or management.
- Deployment, implementation and administration experience of various collaboration/video conferencing systems such as Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Polycom.
- Excellent IP networking skills, VoIP and unified communications integration preferably in a Cisco environment and 5 years’ minimum administrative experience including routing, switching and QOS.
- Experience with Cisco voice gateways, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager)
- Extensive telecommunications systems experience including unified communications and call center experience in architecture, design, implementation and operations.
- Experience with critical infrastructure protocols and services such as IP, MGCP, BGP, SIP, H323, SCCP, Ethernet, IPSEC and SSL VPN, SBCs, SRST/SRSV in a Cisco network environment.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting all unified communications based issues and problems; working with Cisco TAC and other vendors as required.
- Participate in on call duties and rotations as determined by staffing levels and business requirements.
- Develop and maintain standards to effectively monitor system performance.
- Experience with traditional PBX and voicemail system integration to a UC environment.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred. Professional experience in a large commercial environment is an added benefit.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCVP and security (CISSP, CIPP, Cisco Security), Microsoft Administration or Teams Certifications, ITIL Foundations are highly desired.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.