Payer Relations Credentialing and Contract Support Specialist
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Payer Relations Credentialing and Contract Support Specialist||Administrative/Clerical||Miramar, FL 33025||Full-Time||08-10-2021|
Payer Relations Credentialing and Contract Support is responsible for prioritizing and cataloguing all incoming payer credentialing requests to ensure timely and efficient turn around. Maintains new and existing payer credentialing data in related computer systems. Assists Payer Relations Contract Manager(s) with additional duties as needed.
- Logs incoming payer credentialing requests and payer contract requests in corresponding computer system and presents contracts to Payer Relations Contract Manager(s) for follow through.
- Serves as primary contact for all internal and external payer credentialing inquiries.
- Manages new and existing payer credentialing process to verify that deadlines are met.
- Gathers and maintains all credentialing documentation and obtains missing or incomplete information to accurately meet external credentialing requests.
- Updates existing payer credentialing documentation and applications.
- Handles inquiries that are escalated to the department as it pertains to credentialing and network status.
- Establish working relationships and collaborate with external organizations as it pertains to payer credentialing and network status.
- Responsible for working with key internal stakeholders to ensure commutation of key objectives and responsibilities.
- Manage, maintain and organize the contracting and credentialing database while creating and implementing alerts based on contractual agreement provisions as it pertains to payer credentialing and payer network status.
- Identifies and recommends credentialing process and workflow improvements.
- Assist with providing information for internal and external audits.
- Processes administrative tasks as needed and requested by management.
- Perform related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Knowledgeable in credentialing processes and procedures for paying/payer entities.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Be familiar with general claims, authorization and contracting processes of health care organizations.
- Be comfortable interacting with internal and external entities, particularly health plans.
- Maintain good working relationship with key contacts.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Must have attention to detail and possess excellent data entry skills.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and have the ability to navigate within an automated system as well as a variety of software packages including but not limited as to Microsoft Windows.
- Associates degree in Business, Healthcare or related field preferred
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.