|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Nurse Practitioner||Nursing||Miramar, FL 33025||Per Diem||12-27-2019|
- Facilitates clarification of patient and family goals of care.
- Facilitates access to appropriate support models of care i.e. hospice, rehabilitation and on-going aggressive treatment.
- Assists with diagnosis, treatment and management of acute and chronic health conditions.
- Consults with palliative care physician as needed, informs primary physician of recommended services and collaborates with other physicians as needed.
- Educates facility staff, co-workers and the community on all aspects of palliative care and the services provided by Palliative Medical Associates.
- Attends and participates in internal Palliative Medical Associates of Palliative Care team meetings.
- Consults with the referring physician, the acute care team and other involved providers to contribute to the patient’s plan of care.
- Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts and documents to support the medical practice and reimbursement for services provided.
- Prescribes medications including controlled substances to the extent delegated and licensed after collaboration with palliative care and referring physician.
- Orders diagnostics / treatments as needed after collaboration with palliative care and referring physicians.
- Assists in development of clinical practice guidelines / standards in support of quality palliative care as requested by supervisor.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years nursing experience.
- Clinical nursing care experience in oncology, hospice, geriatrics, intensive care preferred.
- Certification by a national body (ANCC, NBCHPN, AANP).
- Palliative care ARNP preferred.
- Knowledge of the interdisciplinary team concept.
- Reliable transportation, current state driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must be licensed to practice in state where the Palliative Medical Associates is located.
- Certified as ARNP-CRNP.
- Master's of Science in Nursing- MSN required.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.