Coordinator Senior Admissions
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Coordinator Senior Admissions||Nursing||Miramar, FL 33025||Part-Time||04-22-2021|
- Must fulfill all duties and responsibilities of the Admissions Coordinator position.
- Performs additional, elevated opening, closing, and intake operations AC tasks.
- Functions as a positive, professional role model and set the example for ACs in the performance of all AC duties and responsibilities.
- Supports the VITAS mission, core values, and Care Connection Center cultural platforms at all times.
- Is a strong mentor for all new ACs throughout their onboarding and probationary period of employment.
- Supports ongoing development of all ACs in coordination with all Care Connection Center initiatives and programs.
- Supports Telecare Operations with Sr. Patient Care Coordinator responsibilities as needed
- Takes the initiative in developing effective relationships with the Care Connection Center and all other department teams.
- Immediately escalates all concerns and/or needs to the appropriate Care Connection Center management team member.
- Two or more years related experience in medical terminology and/or in a call center environment
- At least one year of admissions experience.
- Ability to attain goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with internal and external callers
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the customer interaction to include both verbally and in writing to provide a concierge level of service
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems and a variety of software packages, and type minimum 45 wpm
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive action plans.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities and work on various assignments simultaneously
- Model positive behaviors that are focused on supporting: integrity, valuing diversity, innovation, building relationships, customer focus and teamwork.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Medical or business office education or training desired
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.