|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Communications Copywriter||Professional Non-Clinical||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||11-08-2021|
A VITAS communications copywriter brings commitment, compassion, and can-do attitude to work every day and is responsible for blending marketing and editorial skills to write compelling healthcare content that motivates action, including engaging headlines, print/digital/video copy, and ad and social media content. This position will require a diverse set of skills and the ability to manage and develop copy for multiple types of projects and audiences. In addition, the communications writer will be responsible for proofreading all written content for grammatical and typographical errors. A background in healthcare writing is preferred, along with experience in motivational internal communications.
- Write, edit, and proofread healthcare marketing content for multiple audiences across various platforms. Audiences include internal employee, recruitment, healthcare professional/business-to-business, and consumer. Platforms include VITAS intranet, internal and external newsletters; video scripts; company website, social media, and other digital content; flyers; print, radio, and outdoor advertising; press releases, presentations; RFPs and other marketing-related material
- Demonstrate proficiency in grammar and syntax standards, and familiarity with AP Style Guide for news media content.
- Deliver projects on time to meet deadlines while motivating action and positive behavior change.
- Build brand consistency by working collaboratively with the communication and Business Development Teams to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user experience.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload, often requiring short turnaround times.
- Manage copy queue via online project management system and delegate/supervise work of freelance writers and proofreaders as needed.
- Research and write about current policy and market activities in healthcare as they relate to hospice providers and referral sources.
- Work with other members of the corporate marketing team to create new and effective ways to promote hospice from a business-to-business point of view.
- Demonstrate in-depth interviewing skills with VITAS clinicians, leadership, department heads, program management, and subject matter experts, all of whom provide raw information and approve the final product of the collateral you create.
- Distill simple, concise messages from complex regulatory, academic, or medical materials, clearly answering “What’s in it for me?” for intended audiences.
- Work independently and as a member of a creative team.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the graphic design team for effective integration of graphic/visual and editorial.
- Execute with efficiency and competence throughout all phases of a project, anticipating and troubleshooting as conflicts arise.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in writing:
- Articles; digital content for websites, social media, company blogs, and online marketing channels; news stories, public relations material, ad copy, collateral marketing materials.
- For a variety of audiences, including professional, recruitment, and consumer.
- Highly desired: promotional writing, motivational internal communications, technical health writing, and digital marketing writing (display ads, native ads, SEO, recruitment writing).
- Awareness of the issues facing the healthcare sector, particularly around hospice and palliative care.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate professionally, tactfully, verbally, and in writing to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Proficiency with digital project management and common editing tools (Acrobat, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); Mac OS experience a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, advertising or related communications field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.
Certification & Licensure:
None required for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES