Analyst 2 Compensation & Benefits
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Analyst 2 Compensation & Benefits||Human Resources/Payroll/Training||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||04-03-2020|
The Senior Benefits and Compensation Analyst performs professional level administrative and analytical duties to support the tracking of benefits costs, census and billing reconciliations, and to evaluate compensation programs, conduct market surveys and prepare appropriate modeling and analytics in conjunction with administering our compensation policies and programs. Researches, analyzes, and evaluates data that is part of the compensation and benefits programs.
- Participate and complete compensation market surveys to ensure market competitiveness and determine market trends.
- Benchmark jobs against survey data to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Analyze market data and provide comprehensive internal and external equity analysis as needed.
- Evaluate new positions to determine level and grade within the organization; create job codes as needed.
- Prepare and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Assess jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Participate in updating and maintaining Workforce Structures in Oracle.
- Perform audits on data integrity
- Participate in various employee benefit surveys, summarize the results and develop recommendations to maintain competitive, cost-effective benefits.
- Provide support for implementation of new benefit programs, plans, processes, and/or carriers.
- Analysis of utilization reports, carrier reports, and claims data & trends.
- Creates and maintains reports, performs data audits and analysis, reconciles payment and contribution discrepancies as required to support the benefit plans.
- May assist in the tracking and analysis of claim and premium data
- Researches and analyzes financial variances as a result of premium reconciliation process and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Data, reporting and analytics responsibilities to facilitate collecting, analyzing, and summarizing employee benefit data and trends.
- Provides batch processing to load benefits data into Oracle Cloud HCM to provide fresh, integrated information.
- Tests Oracle system to ensure benefit costs are accurately applied.
- Assists in the preparation and review of reports, charts, datasets, emails, and benefit meeting notes.
- Support key projects through communications, process development, system testing, and interface mapping.
- Manage the tuition reimbursement process including communicating and administrating the program.
- 4+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud or related Oracle HRIS system required.
- Advanced excel skills, including pivot tables and V look-ups, required.
- Knowledgeable of federal and state laws (ACA, social security administration, Medicare, 401k) required.
- Experience with pension plans, 5500s, 895-5SSa’s and retiree medical highly preferred.
- Proficient in using Excel formulas and functions to gather, analyze, manipulate and audit large data sets.
- Experience modeling data and creating reports.
- Possesses and applies knowledge of the fundamentals, concepts, practices and procedures of compensation and benefits.
- Strong analytical skills to assess critical information and formulate recommendations for compensation related issues.
- Ability to manage shifting, and sometimes competing, priorities, deadlines.
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.
WorldatWork Certified Compensation Professional-CCP or Certified Benefits Professional-CBP preferred SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.