Sr Manager IT Project
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Sr Manager IT Project||Professional Non-Clinical||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||04-23-2021|
The Senior Project Manager (PM) will lead teams to plan and manage the delivery of systems solutions and associated application technical support services in support of objectives and ongoing operations of multiple business units. The Senior PM scope of work includes management of functional and non-functional requirements capture, technical investigation, project planning, execution, delivery, and post-implementation support. The Senior PM will work closely with functional business groups to prioritize scope and insure the alignment of customer expectations with project deliverables. The Senior PM will propose and track resource allocations, schedules, and financials while adhering to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full Systems Development Life Cycle. The PM shall obtain assigned resources and work with Quality Assurance (QA) to verify and validate the requisite Deliverables. The Senior PM may also be required to assist in Vendor Management for key enterprise initiatives. This position is further responsible for resolution of issues, mitigation of risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery of both on premise and cloud-based solutions. The Senior PM is accountable to run the project on a day-to-day basis and shall originate and develop PMO process improvement initiatives to enhance project delivery.
- Manage and assure the successful implementation of assigned projects originating from the Application Development, Infrastructure, Data Management, Information Security, or Regulatory Compliance domains.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall portfolio is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project.
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Define and build consensus on Project Scope in compliance with Change Management policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Coordinate the activities of internal and external resources to best complete the tasks at hand in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Keep project team members (both VITAS and vendor) accountable to project tasks responsibilities
- Provide on-site Leadership for the project team by motivating team members to meet project goals, adhere to their responsibilities, and achieve project milestones.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and executive level stakeholders
- Leads Executive tollgate meetings to update status, obtain key decisions, and resolve ongoing challenges.
- Manage technology and consulting vendor/partner relationship, service delivery and overall performance.
- Manage all project resources, including local vendors and offshore teams.
- Maintain timely and accurate project plans and documentation for each project including regular periodic status reports to customer and PMO management.
- Ensure project team and customer clearly understand project activities/tasks, and that project team and customer understand what is expected of them throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage uncertainty, rapid change, and ambiguities in constantly changing business and technical environments.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Collect and analyze metrics to measure allocation of resources on projects and determine resource requirements.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Assist all business units with the implementation, optimization and maintenance of the system.
- Work with QA team to resolve ongoing quality issues.
- Acts as liaison between IT staff, departments and vendors ensuring timely, accurate and cost effective use of time.
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in delivering projects
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project team, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and prepare them for future advancement.
- Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met.
- Minimum 6-10 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing projects in various (healthcare, banking / finance, logistics, service delivery, systems integration, etc.)
- Experience managing projects according to SDLC methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, or Kanban.
- Ability to blend SDLC frameworks and traditional project management principles and practices together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Use of MS Project, Service Now, Azure Dev Ops, or equivalent, for scope, schedule, and resource management.
- Detail-oriented/meticulous about managing the details of every project and the impact each detail may have on the overall project success.
- Competent with desktop productivity tools (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools.
- Coordinate change requests and knowledge of Change Management processes
- C-Suite quality communication skills (written, verbal, and presentations)
- Experience building and maintaining relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- A blend of leadership and followership depending on the priorities of the day
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and encourage positive outcomes when responsibility does not align with authority
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- “Super Analyst” problem-solving skills to pitch in on requirements definition, documentation, or other project artifacts when necessary
- Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following:
- Experience with technical service delivery in the Healthcare industry
- Experience with aspects of IT Infrastructure including Compute, Storage, Connectivity, and key hardware, software, and service providers.
- Successful record of accomplishment as Project Manager for SaaS & PaaS projects.
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse technology, terminology, and approaches.
- Experience with Data Governance and Data Management including metadata, data stewardship, and data culture.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI and Cognos.
- Experience with aspects of cybersecurity including terminology, risk factors, and tools.
- Familiarity with Microsoft technology stack capabilities (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SSMS)
- Knowledge of Cloud services delivery strategies and experience with implementations of all types of Cloud Deployment models: Public, Private and Hybrid
- Experience with regulatory compliance including NPI, PHI, HIPAA, and EMR guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, engineering, general sciences, healthcare, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university; the international equivalent; or equivalent work experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a definite plus.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V