Senior Project Manager
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Senior Project Manager||Professional Non-Clinical||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||03-17-2020|
Responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, financials, vendor management and adhere to stage gate quality and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery of both on premise and cloud-based solutions. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Provide day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in delivering projects
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall portfolio is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Keep project team members (both VITAS and vendor) accountable to project tasks responsibilities
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Manage project scope and changes
- Manage all project resources, including local vendors and an offshore teams
- Work with QA team to resolve ongoing quality issues
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and executive level stakeholders
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project team, stakeholders and sponsors
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- Experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- PMP certification a definite plus
- Knowledge of Cloud services delivery strategies and experience with implementations of all types of Cloud Deployment models Public, Private and Hybrid
- Successful track record as Project Manager for SaaS & PaaS projects
- Competent with desktop productivity tools (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Experience building and maintaining relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Coordinate change requests and knowledge of Change Management processes
Bachelor's degree in appropriate field of study from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent; or equivalent work experience.
PMP certification a definite plus.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.