|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Communications Manager||Management/Leadership||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||01-09-2020|
- Manage public relations team and copywriting team.
- Work with teams to make sure all deadlines for internal and external communications projects are met
- Hold teams to highest standard of communications quality – exceeding audience expectations
- Collaborate with corporate and operational leaders on communication initiatives
- Provide creative and strategic communication solutions and produce the best possible work
- Partner with the creative services, digital content and development teams on making sure messages combine with visual presentation to deliver desired meaning to audience
- Experience developing and managing public relations campaigns in support of external communication initiatives. We are looking for a storyteller that knows what is newsworthy and relevant in a cluttered, fast-paced media landscape.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with the content team to develop messaging that is both credible and compelling to our target audience.
- Develop and execute a communications and engagement plan to drive employee engagement and awareness of corporate and location-specific initiatives.
- Identify the best internal channels of communication to transmit employee communication campaigns.
- Recommend communications solutions that support service, operational and cultural objectives through research and understanding of diversity of employee experience
- Measure the effectiveness of communications messages, channels and programs
- Support developing creative content materials as needed.
- Integrate and identify appropriate awards for VITAS by using research and data to draft company nominations.
- Manage online reputation management process, improving patient/caregiver experience through timely response and tracking service recovery opportunities
- 7+ years of experience in internal corporate communications, public relations or at a marketing agency
- Journalism and social media background is a plus
- Experience communicating with multiple audiences and building strategies that address unique needs of readers/users
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines while delivering high quality product
- Outstanding judgment and interpersonal skills, including experience with all levels of employees across the company
- Superb strategic planning, writing, editing, execution and organizational skills
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Familiarity with the basics of video production – shooting, editing, etc. – is a plus
- Background in healthcare preferred
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.