Sr Dir Volunteer & Bereavement Services
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Sr Dir Volunteer & Bereavement Services||Allied Health/Social Services||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||06-07-2021|
Supports the delivery of quality volunteer and bereavement services to patients and families by VITAS programs through development of volunteer, Bereavement, Psychosocial and Spiritual Counseling programs, monitoring, coaching, mentoring, and problem solving. Encourages program staff to embrace the VITAS Values, VITAS Standards, and VITAS Best Practices, and to respond to the unique needs of patients and families under care.
- Analyzes the needs of patients and families related to bereavement and volunteer services to continue ongoing development of services that respond to those needs.
- Proactively monitors, reviews, analyses and audits Vx and other reports in order to evaluate program and company performance in areas related to volunteer and bereavement services and subsequently coaches programs via program-specific action plans
- Works with program leaders to assure that program volunteer and bereavement services reflect VITAS values, are cost effective, and that productivity and other VITAS standards are met
- Participates in the development of performance improvement and quality assurance projects related to volunteers and bereavement services, educational materials, and measurable project plans to meet VITAS’ strategic goals
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to program volunteer and bereavement staff to strengthen current performance and individual preparation for future advancement
- Provides education and training to patient care and other leaders during national meetings, web-based learning opportunities, etc.
- Serve as the leader/expert in volunteer/bereavement regulatory issues, compliance, and VITAS policies
- Collaborates with other departments to accomplish objectives
- Develops and manages employees within the department to assure that internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Two to five years’ prior healthcare or volunteer or bereavement administration experience, minimum of two years prior Vitas experience
- Prior marketing or sales experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of Vitas policies and procedures, Vx, and an understanding of program processes preferred.
- Must have in depth knowledge of federal and state regulations related to volunteers and bereavement
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to manage a staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to travel frequently.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V