Manager IT Project
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Manager IT Project||Professional Non-Clinical||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||09-28-2021|
The Project Manager (PM) will plan and manage the delivery of business systems solutions and associated application technical support services in support of objectives and ongoing operations. The PM scope of work includes functional and non-functional requirements capture, technical investigation, project planning, execution, delivery, and post-implementation support. The PM will work closely with functional business groups to prioritize scope and insure the alignment of customer expectations with project deliverables. The PM will propose and track resource allocations, schedules, and financials while adhering to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full Systems Development Life Cycle. The PM shall work with Quality Assurance (QA) to verify and validate the requisite Deliverables. This position is further responsible for resolution of issues, mitigation of risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery of both on premise and cloud-based solutions. The PM is accountable to run the project on a day-to-day basis subject to management oversight and shall assist in PMO process improvement initiatives to enhance project delivery.
- Manage and assure the successful implementation of assigned projects originating from the Application Development, Infrastructure, Data Management, Information Security, or Regulatory Compliance domains.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project.
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Define and build consensus on Project Scope in compliance with Change Management policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
- Coordinate the activities of internal and external resources to best complete the tasks at hand in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Keep project team members (both VITAS and vendor) accountable to project tasks responsibilities.
- Provide day-to-day direction to the project team by motivating team members to meet project goals, adhere to their responsibilities, and achieve project milestones.
- Leads project team meetings to update status and resolve ongoing challenges.
- Manage technology and consulting vendor/partner service delivery and overall performance
- Maintain timely and accurate project plans and documentation for each project.
- Ensure project team and customer clearly understand project activities/tasks, and that project team and customer understand what is expected of them throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage uncertainty, rapid change, and ambiguities in constantly changing business and technical environments.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Collect and analyze metrics to measure allocation of resources on projects and determine resource requirements.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Assist all business units with the implementation, optimization and maintenance of the system.
- Work with QA team to resolve ongoing quality issues.
- Acts as liaison between IT staff, departments and vendors ensuring timely, accurate and cost effective use of time.
- Continued professional and educational advancement by attending and actively participating in relevant training.
- Minimum 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing projects in various industries (healthcare, banking / finance, logistics, service delivery, systems integration, etc.)
- Solid understanding of SDLC methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, or Kanban.
- Ability to blend SDLC frameworks and traditional project management principles and practices together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Familiarity with MS Project, ServiceNow, Azure Dev Ops, or equivalent for scope, schedule, and resource management.
- Detail-oriented/meticulous about managing the details of every project and the impact each detail may have on the overall project success.
- Competent with desktop productivity tools (MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools.
- Coordinate change requests and knowledge of Change Management processes
- C-Suite quality communication skills (written, verbal, and presentations)
- Experience building and maintaining relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- A blend of leadership and followership depending on the priorities of the day
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and encourage positive outcomes when responsibility does not align with authority
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- “Super Analyst” problem-solving skills to pitch in on requirements definition, documentation, or other project artifacts when necessary
- Subject Matter Expertise in one or more of the following:
- Challenges of technical service delivery in the Healthcare industry.
- Awareness of aspects of IT Infrastructure including Compute, Storage, Connectivity, and key hardware, software, and service providers.
- Exposure to factors affecting success of SaaS & PaaS projects.
- Awareness of Enterprise Data Warehouse technology, terminology, and approaches.
- Awareness of Data Governance and Data Management including metadata, data stewardship, and data culture.
- Awareness of Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI and Cognos.
- Awareness of aspects of cybersecurity including terminology, risk factors, and tools.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance including NPI, PHI, HIPAA, and EMR guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, engineering, general sciences, healthcare, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university; the international equivalent; or equivalent work experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) a definite plus.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V