|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Coordinator Payroll||Human Resources/Payroll/Training||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||10-19-2020|
- Processes new hire’s tax records, PTO payouts for terminated employees and for employees that their status changed to per diem.
- Processes payroll late turn in adjustments.
- Validates the data entry of all monthly and quarterly commissions, bonuses, and tuition reimbursements.
- Processes pay rate changes in PeopleSoft.
- Calculates retroactive pay (when approved) for late merit increases, adjustments, promotions or reclassification and processes for payroll.
- Generates manual check requests, stop payment and reversal requests.
- Validate checks count and assures accurate distribution of payroll packages to the programs.
- Updates employee’s direct deposit/pay card information upon hire or when changes are submitted.
- Maintains leave accrual records and makes all necessary adjustments and updates for rehires, terms, leaves and transfers.
- Maintains employment data in PeopleSoft.
- Assists with verifications of employment and garnishments when needed.
- Audits expense reimbursements submitted to payroll and processes for payment. Validates and reconciles totals for multiple expense reports and sends summary to employee. Sends notifications of denied expense reports to Business Manager.
- Responds verbally or in writing to all payroll inquiries from Business Managers, field HR personnel, VITAS employees and garnishment vendors.
- May perform entry level Payroll Specialist duties as required
- One year prior related experience required
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.