|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Coordinator Payroll||Human Resources/Payroll/Training||Miami, FL 33131||Full-Time||09-14-2021|
Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll in Oracle for all VITAS programs assigned. Handles all payroll related functions of the organization; this includes, maintaining all employment data, leave accrual data, garnishments, verifications of employment, direct deposits/pay cards and tax records. Provides customer service and assistance to program managers and employees regarding payroll questions and issues.
- Prepares employees’ separation check requests for states that requires final checks to be processed.
- Reviews and provides additional payment spreadsheets to Payroll lead for processing.
- Assist the benefits department with any questions and corrections needed.
- Generates manual check requests, stop payment and reversal requests.
- Validate checks count and assures accurate distribution of payroll packages to the programs.
- Updates employee’s pay card information upon hire or when changes are submitted.
- Maintains leave accrual records and makes all necessary adjustments and updates.
- Maintains employment data in Oracle.
- Responsible for handling verifications of employment and garnishments.
- Responds verbally or in writing to all payroll inquiries from Business Managers, field HR personnel, VITAS employees and garnishment vendors.
- Review time keeping issues prior to payroll processing.
- Audits variances during payroll processing.
- May perform entry level Payroll and HR Lead duties as required.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
- One-year prior related experience required.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated system as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work extended hours (as needed).
- Oracle experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.