Patient Care Administrator
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Patient Care Administrator||Management/Leadership||Miami, FL 33169||Full-Time||08-05-2021|
The Patient Care Administrator is a member of the Senior Management Leadership Team, and is responsible for maintaining overall clinical, fiscal, and financial integrity of patient care, while meeting internal and external customer needs
- Patient Care Services
- Assures that the mission, philosophy and values of VITAS are upheld in the delivery of patient care services.
- Ensures that Hospice care is provided to the ultimate satisfaction of patients and their families.
- Actively collaborates with Team Manager(s), Medical Director, and Admissions Department on clinically complex cases.
- Works in collaboration with the Admissions Manager to ensure patient care resources are available for pending admissions.
- Acts as a clinical resource in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Works in collaboration with the Medical Director and the Senior Management team regarding the process for all alive discharges in the program.
- Oversee the program clinical operations staff adherence to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Responsible for the oversight of hiring, training, supervising, coaching and mentoring of clinical operations staff
- Interviews, hires, supervises, mentors and evaluates the performance of direct reports.
- Oversee and participate as needed in counseling and termination of clinical operations staff.
- Facilitates and participates in regular meetings with direct clinical operations leadership team.
- Recurring individual mentoring meetings with direct reports onsite and in the field.
- Ensures that the clinical managers are efficiently managing resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Assume responsibility of program management roles as needed
- Identify potential key leaders and mentor for career succession.
- Participates as a mentor for orientation and ongoing development.
- Quality Improvement/Regulatory Compliance
- Collaborates with senior management, direct reports, performance improvement specialist, and other programs in identification of trends, and potential Performance Improvement Plans as well as participating in and providing overall direction for clinical Performance Improvement Plans.
- Ensures all program-required audits are completed.
- Collaborates with Medical Records Claims Review Team for external audits and records requests, to ensure timely and accurate submission of requested documentation.
- Proactively prepares for potential internal and external surveys, assuring compliance with policies, procedures, standards, Federal, State and local regulations are followed.
- Actively participates in internal and external committees relevant to the program.
- Customer Service/Sales and Marketing
- Works in conjunction with program management in identifying referral sources and additional educational requests.
- Actively participates in sales/admissions meetings.
- Ensures that patient/family grievances are resolved timely and satisfactorily
- Ensures proactive customer service and process/standards are followed.
- Fosters relationship with external customers, referral sources, and regulatory personnel including soliciting feedback
- Participates in community functions and professional organization as required
- Works in collaboration with the senior management team to foster employee satisfaction.
- Resource Management
- Identifies opportunities in resource management and utilization by oversight and review of clinical operations including but not limited to labor, pharmacy, medical supplies, equipment and mileage.
- Utilizes trend reports, dashboards, income statements, financials and other reports to identify trends and opportunities for Performance Improvement Plans.
- Responsible for development and implementation of Action Plans associated with identified areas of improvement.
- Collaborates with senior management in the budget and strategic planning process.
- The ability to utilize and analyze management reports.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Current Registered Nurse License to practice in the state where the VITAS Program is located.
- Two years of home health and hospice experience.
- Four years of healthcare management experience.
- Hands-on fiscal and budgetary experience.
PCA Requirements and Qualifications by State: FL
- Florida Administrative Code 58A-2.0141 Nursing Services.
- PCA Requirements and Qualifications
- Supervising RN required
- Supervisory or hospice experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred. See table above for specific requirements per state.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.