Facility Maintenance Engineer
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Facility Maintenance Engineer||Facilities||Melbourne, FL 32934||Full-Time||03-04-2020|
- Perform facility inspections and report on the condition affecting operations
- Support any afterhours building needs and activities as required.
- Be onsite during critical repairs being performed by outside vendors and immediately report results of work completed/ or stage of in process
- Be able to travel around portions of the State of Florida
- Coordinate building board ups before hurricane watches and removals afterwards
- Respond to emergencies
- Prepare and submit summary of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken.
- Monitor and supervise HVAC maintenance contracts and services of outside vendors
- Repair and replace interior plumbing fixtures as requested
- Read, interpret and understand sketches, diagrams and contractor bids
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of electrical lighting systems and fixtures, such as changing ballast and bulbs
- Monitor and assist in the coordination of transfer of office cubes and furniture from our regional warehouse to any of our facilities
- Deliver excellence in “Customer Service” to our office staff
- Attend training sessions and seminars as required
- 2-4 years of related experience in commercial property with strong work ethic
- Strong mechanical aptitude of mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, electrical and HVAC
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Well focused and organized with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage resources
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as part of a rotating emergency contact schedule
- Ability to review and understand equipment and methods of operation, fire/life safety procedures and requirements
- Initiative in job knowledge with willingness to improve
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability under the company’s insurance policy
- Journeymen’s classification preferred
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.