Coordinator Food Service
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Coordinator Food Service||Administrative/Clerical||Lecanto, FL 34461||Part-Time||02-01-2021|
- Responsible for food and supply inventory, purchasing food and kitchen supplies, meal preparation, food safety and sanitation. Must receive food service certification
Food and Supply Inventory
- Maintain adequate food and supply items to meet the needs of the patient census.
- Organize and label storage areas so that weekend staff and volunteers can find items.
- Date and store food items to insure freshness, and quality
Purchasing Food and Kitchen Supplies
- Shop and/or order food and supply items as needed. Seek sources for donated food items and supplies when possible.
- Purchase food and supplies within budget
- Work with other staff and volunteer team members to evaluate patient needs.
- Prepare meals and snacks as needed for patients and family area
- Prepare meals according to health department regulations
- Instruct kitchen volunteers and staff on proper procedures for preparing meals
Food Safety and Sanitation
- Maintain an active Food Service Certification Clean and maintain kitchen Store food items safely Maintain proper refrigerator/freezer temperatures Notify supervisor of equipment or maintenance problems
- Assist with light housekeeping duties as needed
- Food Service Certification necessary
- Valid Florida driver's license and automobile insurance
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.