|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Admissions Liaison||Administrative/Clerical||Boynton Beach, FL 33426||Full-Time||01-07-2021|
- Assist in the information gathering, education, and form completion aspects of patient intake, admissions, and transition to care.
- Develop a consultative relationship, in assigned accounts by making effective customer contacts and presentations.
- Evaluate patients for potential hospice appropriateness (e.g. medical records review) as ordered by the physician.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria and who make an informed decision about the services.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence with emphasis on expertise in clinical appropriateness and pain and symptom management, eligibility requirements and the coordination of care.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships with senior management, admissions, and patient care colleagues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles of the education and consultative process with the ability to further develop these skills.
- Ability to support education activities with referral sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers individually and in group settings.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to learn VITAS pain and symptom management guidelines.
- Ability to use VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Must be able to plan and prioritize their responsibilities in a manner that maximizes business results.
- Must be able to utilize independent judgment and discretion to manage a territory, to set appointments with key individual and/or groups, to conduct calls and presentations to support VITAS.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn clinical knowledge as well as VITAS pain and symptom management guidelines.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Previous healthcare sales or service experience preferred.
- Previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF experience preferred.
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.