VP Hospice Operations
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|VP Hospice Operations||Management/Leadership||Newark, Delaware 19713||Full-Time||11-18-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for the daily operations of assigned hospice programs providing leadership, direction and mentorship to the program General Manager. Responsible for providing direction, guidance and oversight to program management in administrative, clinical, program expansion and community relations activities.
- Oversee and direct hospice program senior management in the planning and implementation of administrative and operations strategies, objectives and activities for the delivery of patient and family services.
- Guide and direct program senior management in budgetary planning, preparation and overview of expenses and revenues for all program activity.
- Develop and ensure implementation of operational policies and procedures and ensures standards of care and practice are in compliance with all organizational and regulatory guidelines.
- Assure program management, staffing levels and personnel management practices support the organizations’ model of care delivery and human resources philosophy.
- Advise the EVP/Chief Operating Officer and other executive/senior management personnel on matters related to assigned hospice program operations.
- Direct program management in planning, implementing and evaluating program operations against established operational, clinical and business goals and objectives in accordance with organizations’ strategic plan and mission.
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise and demonstrate this competence though professional collaborative networking.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with members of the program medical staff peripherally only focusing on issues related to the delivery of quality end of life care.
- Collaborate with organization executives in planning, implementing and monitoring hospice operations, which impact clinical provisions for patient/family care.
- Perform other administrative, educational, research and operational responsibilities as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum ten years in healthcare management encompassing progressively responsible administrative experience in a health care setting.
- Prior hospice operations experience preferred.
- Advanced education preparation in the form of a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in, business administration, healthcare administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.