Human Resources Assistant
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Human Resources Assistant||Administrative/Clerical||Newark, Delaware 19713||Full-Time||08-13-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The Human Resources Assistant's primary function is to provide assistance with day to day Human Resource issues and act as administrative assistant to senior management team.
- Provides information to applicants regarding application process, employment policies, organization, and open positions.
- Instructs applicants on completing employment applications, reviews applications for completeness, and obtains additional information from applicants such as work experience, education, training, skills, and references.
- Refers qualified applicants to interviewers or hiring managers.
- Enters job opening and applicant information into computer databases or files.
- Acknowledges applications and notifies applicants of job opening status.
- Arranges interview appointments between interviewers and applicants.
- Administers and scores tests given to applicants.
- Compiles and files data related to applicants and open positions.
- Places orders for temporary workers with agencies.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
- One to three years prior relevant experience in Human Resources.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Associate degree in business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.