CNA - Patient Care Secretary - Hospice Inpatient Unit
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|CNA - Patient Care Secretary - Hospice Inpatient Unit||Administrative/Clerical||Waterbury, Connecticut 06706||Full-Time||05-14-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The CNA/Patient Care Secretary is responsible for all patient care related clerical procedures and facilitates communication between patients/families and other team members. Will also have CNA duties providing personal care and services to the terminally ill.
- Functions under the direct instruction and supervision of the VITAS nurse and/or the VITAS Team Manager.
- Takes and keeps daily schedule for all team members.
- Establishes, maintains and closes patient charts in an orderly manner.
- Handles all patient care data entry and performs receptionist duties as required.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 4 PM - 12:30 AM
- CNA in the state of Connecticut.
- Qualified candidates must have at least three (3) years secretarial experience.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of medical terminology a plus.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.