RN - Hospice Admissions
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|RN - Hospice Admissions||Nursing||Middlebury, Connecticut 06762||Full-Time||10-15-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The Admissions RN is a registered nurse and an Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
Full-time, 9 AM - 6 PM, or 10 AM - 7 PM, 5 days per week including every other weekend.
- Participation in the information gathering, analysis, education and form completion aspects of the admissions process
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Analyze data collected by the LPN to facilitate/obtain admission orders
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness expectations associated with VITAS.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the patient and/or patient’s family has concerning hospice and palliative care.
- Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process with the ability to further develop skills in these competency areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop VITAS specific clinical knowledge.
- Ability to use the VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Currently licensed as a RN in the state where duties are performed.
- Previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF experience
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Previous sales or service experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred