RN - Clinical Educator
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|RN - Clinical Educator||Nursing||Middlebury, Connecticut 06762||Full-Time||08-08-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The role of the Clinical Educator is to provide education, information, and support through the development, implementation and network of resources related to the needs of their VITAS program. The person in this role will provide training to all internal / external staff in the areas of education. This role and the individual in it support the VITAS values, the goals and objectives of the programs, and VITAS’ annual business plan. Developing Training Resources - Conducts ongoing assessments to identify skills gaps and identify education and training needs, Shares information identified in areas for performance improvement with the Programs PIS, Develops training resources to meet identified needs, or matches already existing resources to meet identified needs. Directly provides training and educational resources, Assesses the effectiveness of training resources developed. Provides Program Education - Provides in-services, training, and other educational offerings to internal / external audiences, Works collaboratively with other Clinical Educator’s within the organization as required determining best practices in training, Provides “point of contact” for all Education in the Program, Carries out training and educational programs to achieve Program’s training/development goals. Project Oversight - Develops educational projects related to appropriate program goals and objectives or as identified, Monitors and tracks all educational offerings provided by program, Participates in accomplishing goals identified in the program’s strategic planning process, Organizes resources appropriately to assigned projects, Maintains accurate records of educational offerings to maintain compliance.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
- RN in the state of Connecticut, Masters Degree preferred
- Experience in curriculum design and development of presentations
- Strong presentation skills and comfort in delivering training to diverse audiences through a variety of methodologies
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills
- 3-5 years field experience in adult in education/training/organizational development.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.