Patient Care Scheduling Coordinator
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Patient Care Scheduling Coordinator||Administrative/Clerical||Middlebury, Connecticut 06762||Part-Time||11-15-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Patient Care Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative/clerical support to ensure office processes run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities.
- Schedule and dispatch nurses to cover patient care.
- Draft, edit, and prepare correspondence; Develop and maintain records, files and spreadsheets
- Receive and process phone calls, emails, and inquiries
- Maintain and update files and databases
- Provide positive customer service as usually serving as the first point of contact
- Assist in planning special events, projects assignments and requests
- Assist with HR functions such as data entry, background checks, compliance updates, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between business services and staff
- Maintain schedules and arrange travel, meetings, events, and appointments
- Assist in vendor relationship management; Verify and process expense reports
- Monitor office supply inventory and place orders as necessary
- Perform related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Part-time weekends - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - 8 AM to 5 PM.
- At least one year working in a fast-paced office environment required
- Great organizational record keeping skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management, verbal and communication skills with the ability to resolve problems
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required. Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience and education preferred