Social Worker (SW) - Hospice Home Care - New London
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Social Worker (SW) - Hospice Home Care - New London||Allied Health/Social Services||Glastonbury, Connecticut 06033||Full-Time||10-28-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The Social Worker is the member of the interdisciplinary team whose primary function is to provide diagnostic evaluations of the psychosocial problems of the patient/family unit, defining social service goals for alleviating these problems, and helping to provide both the counseling and casework needed to meet these goals.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM with on call rotation. Working in southern New London County.
- Minimum of two (2) years social service experience in a health-care setting or social service agency.
- Experience as a social worker with the terminally ill and their families strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel per job requirements.
- Master's of Social Work is required from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Licensure and/or Certification as required by the state.